Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chapter 2


I wake up in a cold sweat. I had been up all night texting Rachel and must have fallen asleep on my phone for it is buzzing loudly by my ear. I look over at my alarm, which failed to go off. It reads 6:53. I try to untangle my legs from my sheet and only manage to fall off my bed onto the floor. I'm going to be so late. Finally, getting my legs untangled, I run into my bathroom to take a quick shower. I am dressed and ready in ten minutes. I run down the stairs,grab my backpack, and dash out to my car while Anna yells something about having a good day and to drive safely.
“Man I really hope there are no cops today,” I mutter to myself as I jam the keys into the ignition and back out the driveway.
 When I hit the school zone I ignore the twenty miles per hour sign and drive at a solid forty.  I swerve into the school parking lot and run for the door. I grab a hold of it just as the tardy bell rings. Anna's going to kill me. I swing the door open and march into hell.

I had just barely gotten in the door of my first class when Mrs. Smith says,” Oh welcome Miss Stewart, glad you could join us,” and starts filling out my d-hall slip. I look at it.
” Two hours after school on Monday!” I start to protest, but she stops me with a flick of her hand in a stop-now-or-I-will-also-make-you-scrape-the-gum-off-the-bottom-of-my-desks sort of way. I walk to the back of the class and slump into my desk with a big thump.
For the next fifty minutes I zone in and out of consciousness. I can't get that stupid dream out of my head. And those eyes. I was in mid-thought when the bell rang and I race out the door hoping Rachel is at her locker.

No comments:

Post a Comment