Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chapter 4

     "Miss Stewart, would you please go down to the front office. The principal would like to have a word with you." I was jolted back to reality by the sound of Mrs. Peterson's scratchy voice.
      "Wh-What?"
      "The front office. The principal wants to speak to you."
I walk to the front of the classroom to get my pass to the office. As I walk down the hall I try to think of all the things I've done that could of gotten me sent to the principal's office. Earlier in the week I slammed that kid Anthony's locker when I was walking down the hall, but I made sure that no teachers saw me. Thats hardly the thing that would get me sent to the principal's office though.
      I take my time walking down the hall. There's probably a line and I don't want to talk to the principal anyway. 
      Sadly there's no line when I get there. Great somehow I'm in trouble with the principal and now she will be able to add takes forever to walk down the hall to her list of things to yell at me about. I walk into the office.
       "Hello Miss Stewart, we've been expecting you. You may go in." The lady at the front desk says smiling.
       "Um...thank you."

       I walk into the principal's office. There is a simple metal desk in the middle of the room and the back wall is lined with filing cabinets. There is a picture of the principal with her family on the desk along with a stapler, hole punch, and stacks of papers that are lining the edge of the desk.There is also a water disperser in the corner of the room. I had been in this room before and it looked like the same old office I had been in. Then I noticed the woman sitting in the principal's chair.
     "Hello Miss Stewart."
     "You're not the principal." I look around confused.
     "That would be correct."She laughs.
     "I thought I was here to speak to the principal."
     "No, actually you are here to speak with me. My name is Mrs. Pyre. I am the head mistress at Firestone Academy,an elite boarding school in Maine."
     "What do you need to talk to me about?"
     "Well first off may I call you Alex?"I nod.
     "Well Alex, why don't you sit down."I sit
     " I am here to informe you that you will be transferring to Firestone Academy. You will be arriving there on Monday and will be starting classes the following day.You will need..."
     "Wait a minute! I can't transfer schools right now. Have you even talked to Michael and Anna about this?"
     "Your step parents? Yes, I spoke with them earlier today."She pauses."Your step parents did not hesitate to agree when I spoke with them."
     "Wait they were happy about this?"
     "Well it's a great opportunity."
     "I can't believe this!"I sit back in my chair loudly.
     "You will be taking classes that specialize in your area of need."That made me sit up.
     "Hold on, your talking like I have some mental disability or something."
     "Actually it's quite the contrary. You have more power than you can  imagine."
     "I don't understand."
     "You are a vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment