Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chapter 3

         I've never been that into school. I'm the girl with the low profile. I sit in the back of the class with my eyes on the clock. Everyone ignores me,I ignore them, and thats just the way I like it. I haven't always been this way though.I used to be the perfect daughter. the perfect little brownie in girl scouts. Teachers pet. Then my parents died. I was five. I was young, but I still remember her. My mother. She used to take me to the park and push me on the swings while my dad set out the picnic we brought on a big red blanket. That was before the sun stopped shining.
          One night my parents left. They told Nana, the house keeper, to watch over me. That night my mom and dad did not come home, and the next morning a man came to the front door to tell me that momie and dadie wouldn't be coming home at all because they had died in a car crash. Nana took care of me for about a month after that. I loved my Nana. She would sing to me every night before I went to sleep. She said it was to keep the chupacabras away. The evil spirits. Sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night to find Nana sitting in my room, looking out the window. Since my parents had died she never left my side. Even while I slept.
         Then one day Nana made me a big plate of cookies. She told me that my parents had told her that she was to do whatever it takes to keep me out of harms way. She told me that it was no longer safe for me to live with her.
         That day I was taken to a new home. A new family. I was introduced to Michael and Anna. They showed me around their home and my new room. I showed Nana all the new toys I had gotten. She just smiled and tried to hide her tear streaked face. I still saw though and I didn't understand. Why would Nana be so upset? When it was time to go Nana came over to me and gave me a big hug and told me to be a big girl. I told her that I wanted to stay with her,but she would not let me and this only made her cry more.
         "Now remember what I told you. Your mom and dad told me to always keep you safe. I have to go now . Be good and stay strong. Te quiero. I love you!" At that she gave me one last hug and walked out of my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment